Aiming at getting a slim figure, most women start their weight loss adventure with radical diets. However, a lot of them go to the gym, start running and cycling. The first mistake made is usually overtraining. The next one is the lack of support for training with the help of an appropriate diet, which is supposed to ensure the maintenance of a shaped figure and firm body. Nowadays women do not only care about losing weight. The priority is to have a fit figure with firm buttocks and slim thighs, based on well-nourished muscles.
Modern dietary goals
For this reason, weight loss by reducing calorie intake and demanding workouts may prove to be half the success. The challenge is to maintain a fit and athletic figure and achieve satisfactory muscle mass. The latter is a condition without which it will be difficult to take the sport seriously – for example, Crossfit which require adequate endurance and good performance of the body to progress in your training goals.
In order to consolidate the effects of work on the body, it should receive support to ensure its regeneration after a series of exercises and demanding workouts. Proper nutrition and muscle regeneration become a priority in such case.
Protein – a key element of the diet after training
Eating the right amount of protein in the diet is a very important element of regeneration after training and building up the shape of figure and muscle mass in a lasting way. Protein is important primarily in diets aimed at reducing body fat. That’s mainly because it speeds up metabolism, which makes it easier to lose weight. The training itself, even very intensive, without a proper diet, will not yield satisfactory results.
The best results are achieved by using milk protein (e.g. whey) because it is very well absorbed by muscles. Whey protein can be found for example in special post-workout preparations in the form of nutritious cocktails. They ensure an optimal supply of protein, especially in the most important time after workout.
Why you should drink protein shakes?
- They regenerate muscles after intensive physical effort
- They speed up metabolism and facilitate weight loss
- They nourish the muscles, providing them with the optimal amount of protein, making the body firmer. The cocktail includes whey protein concentrate, which helps to rebuild muscles
- They stimulate the body to burn fat tissue, so their use will work perfectly during reduction diets
- They provide the necessary energy and glycogen after intensive physical effort
Why is it worth drinking protein shakes?
- Nourishing protein shakes can be prepared by yourself in a very simple way, using water or fat-free milk
- Shakes are a very good addition to meals (e.g. cereals, muesli, nuts, etc.)
- Cocktails are an excellent substitute for sweets – they can be bought in many sweet flavours, which makes it easy to choose your best suiting one
- They are low in calories – one serving contains about 105 kcal
The protein contained in the nutritious protein cocktail has a positive effect on the immune system. It also affects the nervous system by stimulating brain activity, which increases perseverance in the daily pursuit of your dream figure.
A post-workout shake will provide the necessary energy and replenish the glycogen stores. An additional advantage of such a cocktail is its portability. You can always have it with you because it does not take too much space in your training bag.
An additional advantage of a cocktail of this type is its handiness. You can always have it with you because it does not take too much space in your workout bag or handbag.