Each of us once thought that, to lose weight and get a beautiful body, it is enough to use the first found diet for some time, or just to starve yourself – and that we don’t really need to torture ourselves with exercises. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common mistake. First of all, starving yourself is the worst thing you can do to your body. Secondly, some diet is not enough, thirdly, without training, your body may be slim, but it will look nice only in clothes, and that’s not the point. So how should effective slimming look like?
Effective slimming without the yo-yo effect
The yo-yo effect is not unusual. Most of us have ever dealt with it. But I’ll explain where it comes from. The yo-yo effect is cyclical weight loss and weight gain. It can range from 3 to 5 kg, but it can also achieve significant changes in up to 25 kg!
The reasons for the yo-yo effect are
- too fast weight loss.
- a too drastic change in eating habits.
- using only low-calorie food
Effective slimming diet
If you eat anything that comes in your hand or starves yourself, you’ll never lose weight. Using different, usually, short-term diets will also not give you the expected results. It’s not about diet, it’s about changing your eating habits.
- eat a minimum of 5 meals a day at a fixed time.
- meals should be balanced, i.e. consist of carbohydrates with a low glycemic index. wholesome proteins and healthy fats.
- your caloric balance MUST be negative – enter the caloric deficit.
- limit or preferably eliminate sweets, fast-food dishes and salty snacks from the diet. Limit the consumption of carbohydrates with a high glycemic index.
- drink a lot of water.
- use spicy spices, because they effectively wind up the metabolism.
- if you are overweight, reduce fat intake, but do not eliminate them completely.
Effective slimming – aerobic training
To make your figure not only slim but also beautifully presented, you need to exercise. You will get the best slimming effects by using a combination of proper nutrition with aerobic and strength training. This is the only key to success.
Aerobic training will bring positive results during weight loss if
- you will do it at least 3 times a week.
- training time will not be less than 60 minutes.
- during your workout, you will keep your heart rate at 60-70% of your maximum heart rate.
- you will always do it after strength training – which does not mean that on other days you can not go out and just go jogging, of course, taking into account the above principles. However, remember about proper regeneration. Your body needs proper rest!
Effective slimming – strength training
Strength training will not only strengthen your muscles and give your figure a nice look but also will cause additional fat loss. This is because muscle tissue burns about 200 calories a day. Each additional kilogram of muscle can burn about 20 kg of fat (!) per year when using a caloric deficit.
Strength training that will allow you to lose weight should meet the following rules
- train 2-3 times a week.
- during one training unit, do exercises for all muscle parts or divide the body in up and down parts – on one workout you train the muscles of the upper half of the body, on the next one the muscles of the lower half of the body.
- perform multi-joint exercises using free weights, e.g. squats with a barbell, bench press, etc.
- training should be intense – perform a minimum of 3 sets in each exercise, about 12-15 repetitions in each series. You can further increase the intensity by reducing the rest between sets.
- progress! – increase weight, number of sets or number of repetitions in a series.
- remember about proper regeneration and adequate sleep time.
Following the above rules, both nutritional and training ones will help you lose weight effectively, avoid the yo-yo effect and gain the body you’ve always dreamed of!